Apartments suffer water damage after heat from cooking fire activates sprinkler

At least two units suffered water damage Saturday after a sprinkler head activated inside a unit at Blitchton Station Apartments.

Ocala Fire Rescue responded to reports of a fire alarm at the 1700 block of NW 7th St. at 12:13 p.m. Upon arrival, firefighters encountered an active sprinkler head inside an apartment unit. The sprinkler activated after heat from a cooking fire triggered the system.

Damage from the fire was contained to the kitchen cabinets and the stove. No injuries were reported.

Unattended cooking fires are the leading cause of blazes in the home. Officials from Ocala Fire Rescue remind residents that it’s important to keep an eye on what they heat.


Scroll to top

Your Cart